Welcome to Hogg ...
Although we found mention of Hogg during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hogg was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hogg to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hogg, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hogg might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Hogg would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Hogg ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 5 communities that are also named Hogg - they are located in Kentucky, Ontario, Texas (2) and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hogg.
Communities near Hogg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hogg.
- Owen Sound
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neyaashiinigmiing
- Neyaashiinigmiing lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the north of Hogg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Neyaashiinigmiing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neyaashiinigmiing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wolseley
- Wolseley lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Hogg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wolseley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolseley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Benallen
- Benallen lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Hogg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Benallen came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Benallen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shouldice
- Shouldice lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Hogg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shouldice came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shouldice
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Annan
- Annan lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Hogg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Annan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brooke
- Brooke lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Hogg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brooke
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnson
- Johnson lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Hogg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Johnson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kemble
- Kemble lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Hogg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kemble came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kemble
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kemble<4>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hogg ...
Looking for more information about Hogg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hogg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hogg.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Hogg and then turned west". While Hogg could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hogg as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hogg could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hogg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hogg. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HoggOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hogg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.6842, Longitude: -80.9300 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|