Welcome to Head Lake ...
A typical abbreviation for Head Lake: Head Lk.
Head Lake is 880 feet [268 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Head Lake lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Head Lake: (705) and (249)<2>
Communities near Head Lake ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Head Lake.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bexley
- Bexley lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Head Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bexley
- Moore Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moore Falls
- Moore Falls lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Head Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moore Falls came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moore Falls
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Corson's Siding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Corson's Siding
- Corson's Siding lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Head Lake
- Corson's Siding has also been known as:
- Corson's Siding
- Hell's Half Acre
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Corson's Siding
- Dartmoor - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dartmoor
- Dartmoor was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Head Lake
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Dartmoor. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dongola
- Dongola lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Head Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dongola
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buller
- Buller lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Head Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buller
- Kilcoo Camp
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kilcoo Camp
- Kilcoo Camp lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the east of Head Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kilcoo Camp came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kilcoo Camp
- McCrackin's Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McCrackin's Beach
- McCrackin's Beach lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Head Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McCrackin's Beach
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Head Lake ...
Looking for more information about Head Lake? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Head Lake, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Head Lake.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Head Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Head Lake - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Head Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Head Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Head Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Head Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7439, Longitude: -78.9304
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|