Welcome to Georgetown ...
Georgetown is 840 feet [256 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Georgetown lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Georgetown: (289)<2>, (365) and (905).
The Canadian Postal Code for Georgetown: L7G<3>
Communities Also Named Georgetown ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 109 communities that are also named Georgetown - they are located in Alabama (5), Alaska, Alberta, Arkansas (3), California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia (7), Idaho, Illinois (3), Indiana (6), Iowa, Kansas (3), Kentucky (2), Louisiana (2), Maine (2), Maryland (2), Massachusetts, Michigan (2), Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri (2), Montana, Nebraska (2), New Jersey, New Mexico, New York (2), Newfoundland and Labrador (3), North Carolina (6), Ohio (9), Oklahoma, Pennsylvania (8), Prince Edward Island, South Carolina (2), Tennessee (7), Texas (2), Utah (2), Virginia (4), Washington, West Virginia (4) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Georgetown.
Communities near Georgetown ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Georgetown.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brampton
- Brampton lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Georgetown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brampton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brampton<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakville
- Oakville lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Georgetown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oakville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oakville<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guelph
- Guelph lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Georgetown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guelph came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guelph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guelph<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caledon
- Caledon lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Georgetown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caledon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caledon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Caledon<5>
- Halton Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alloa
- Alloa lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Georgetown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alloa came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alloa
- Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Georgetown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Georgetown ...
Looking for more information about Georgetown? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Georgetown, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Georgetown.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Georgetown. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Georgetown - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Of the area codes for Georgetown, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Georgetown, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Georgetown). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Georgetown or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Georgetown) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Georgetown. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GeorgetownOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Georgetown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.6503, Longitude: -79.9034 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|