Welcome to Garryowen ...
Although we found mention of Garryowen during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Garryowen was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Garryowen to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Garryowen, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Garryowen might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Garryowen would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Garryowen ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 2 communities that are also named Garryowen - they are located in Montana and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Garryowen.
Communities near Garryowen ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Garryowen.
- Owen Sound
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Balaclava
- Balaclava lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Garryowen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Balaclava
- Bothwell's Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bothwell's Corners
- Bothwell's Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Garryowen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bothwell's Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morley
- Morley lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Garryowen.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bayview
- Bayview lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Garryowen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bayview
- Kiawanna Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kiawanna Beach
- Kiawanna Beach lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Garryowen.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kiawanna Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kiawanna Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bognor
- Bognor lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Garryowen.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bognor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bognor
- East Linton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Linton
- East Linton lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Garryowen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Linton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elmhedge
- Elmhedge lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Garryowen.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elmhedge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elmhedge
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Garryowen ...
Looking for more information about Garryowen? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Garryowen, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Garryowen.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Garryowen and then turned west". While Garryowen could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Garryowen as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Garryowen could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Garryowen) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Garryowen. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GarryowenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Garryowen. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.6211, Longitude: -80.8006 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|