Our Genealogy Helper for Empey Hill ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Empey Hill (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Empey Hill. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Empey Hill:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from New York
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Empey Hill ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Empey Hill.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Empey Hill covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Holy Name of Mary RC Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican Cemetery
- Deseronto Cemetery
- Riverview Cemetery
- All Saints Anglican Church Cemetery
- Riverside Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Empey Hill.
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church Cemetery
- St. Charles Borromeo RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2368239<1>
- Roblin Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Roblin Family Cemetery
- The Roblin Family Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<2> to the southeast of Roblin Mills.More accurately, Roblin Family Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km] to the south of Empey Hill.
- Roblin Family Cemetery has also been known as:
- Roblin Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roblin Family Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2262249<1>
- Newburgh United Church Cemetery
- Morven United Church Cemetery
- Switzerville United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Switzerville United Church Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Switzerville United Church Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Switzerville United Church Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Empey Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Switzerville United Church Cemetery
- Sophiasburgh Cemetery
- Trumpour Cemetery
- Adolphustown United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Adolphustown United Church Cemetery
- Adolphustown United Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Empey Hill.
- Adolphustown United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dorland Cemetery
- Dorland United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adolphustown United Church Cemetery
- McDowall Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the McDowall Memorial Cemetery
- McDowall Memorial Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Empey Hill.
- McDowall Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- McDowall Memorial United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McDowall Memorial Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Empey Hill. See our List of 1890's Communities around Empey Hill.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Empey Hill. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Empey Hill) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Empey Hill. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Empey HillOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Empey Hill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2557, Longitude: -77.0690 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|