Welcome to Dyer ...
Although we found mention of Dyer during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Dyer was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Dyer to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dyer, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Dyer might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Dyer would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Dyer ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 14 communities that are also named Dyer - they are located in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dyer.
Communities near Dyer ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dyer.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Casselman
- Casselman lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Dyer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Casselman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Casselman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Casselman<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dominionville
- Dominionville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Dyer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dominionville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dominionville
- Gravel Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gravel Hill
- Gravel Hill lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Dyer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gravel Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gravel Hill
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodi
- Lodi lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Dyer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodi came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodi
- Stewarts Glen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stewarts Glen
- Stewarts Glen lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Dyer
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Stewarts Glen. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stewarts Glen
- Apple Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Apple Hill
- Apple Hill lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Dyer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Apple Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Avonmore
- Avonmore lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Dyer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Avonmore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Avonmore
- Baltics Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baltics Corners
- Baltics Corners lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Dyer
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Baltics Corners. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baltics Corners
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dyer ...
Looking for more information about Dyer? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dyer, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dyer.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Dyer and then turned west". While Dyer could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Dyer as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Dyer could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dyer) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dyer. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DyerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dyer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.2703, Longitude: -74.9142 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|