Our Genealogy Helper for Dungannon ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Dungannon (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Dungannon. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Dungannon:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Dungannon ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Dungannon.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Dungannon covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Dungannon Cemetery
- St. Augustine RC Cemetery
- Westfield Cemetery
- Greenhill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Greenhill Cemetery
- The Greenhill Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southwest of Lucknow.More precisely, Greenhill Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Dungannon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenhill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2173959<1>
- St. Joseph's RC Cemetery
- Colborne Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Colborne Cemetery
- The Colborne Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Goderich.Stated another way, Colborne Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Dungannon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Colborne Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2310774<1>
- Continue List ...
- Ball's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ball's Cemetery
- Ball's Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Dungannon.
- Ball's Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ball's Burial Ground / Ball's Methodist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ball's Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2264299<1>
- Hope Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hope Cemetery
- Hope Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Dungannon.
- Hope Cemetery has also been known as:
- Hope Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hope Cemetery
- Maitland Cemetery
- Lutheran / German Evangelical Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lutheran / German Evangelical Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Lutheran / German Evangelical Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Lutheran / German Evangelical Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Blyth.To be more accurate, Lutheran / German Evangelical Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km] to the southeast of Dungannon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lutheran / German Evangelical Cemetery
- South Kinloss Cemetery
- Lochalsh / South Lochalsh Cemetery
- Blyth Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blyth Union Cemetery
- The Blyth Union Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Blyth.To be more accurate, Blyth Union Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Dungannon.
- Blyth Union Cemetery has also been known as:
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blyth Union Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2177169<1>
- Langside Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Langside Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Langside Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Langside Mennonite Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Dungannon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langside Mennonite Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2396887<1>
- Olivet United Church / Verdun Methodist Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Dungannon. See our List of 1890's Communities around Dungannon.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dungannon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dungannon) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dungannon. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dungannon
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dungannon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.8544, Longitude: -81.5996
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|