Welcome to Drysdale ...
Although we found mention of Drysdale during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Drysdale was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Drysdale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Drysdale, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Drysdale might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Drysdale would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Drysdale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Drysdale - it's located in Mississippi.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Drysdale.
Communities near Drysdale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Drysdale.
- Lambton Shores
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goshen
- Goshen lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Drysdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goshen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluewater
- Bluewater lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Drysdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluewater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluewater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bluewater<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dashwood
- Dashwood lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Drysdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dashwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Varna
- Varna lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Drysdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Varna
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bayfield
- Bayfield lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Drysdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bayfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bayfield
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bayfield<4>
- Grand Bend
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brucefield
- Brucefield lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Drysdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brucefield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brucefield
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Drysdale ...
Looking for more information about Drysdale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Drysdale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Drysdale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Drysdale and then turned west". While Drysdale could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Drysdale as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Drysdale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Drysdale) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Drysdale. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Drysdale
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Drysdale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4503, Longitude: -81.7014
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|