Welcome to Drumquin ...
Although we found mention of Drumquin during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Drumquin was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Drumquin to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Drumquin, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Drumquin might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Drumquin would be found within the (905) area code.
Communities near Drumquin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Drumquin.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brampton
- Brampton lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Drumquin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brampton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brampton<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakville
- Oakville lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Drumquin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oakville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oakville<3>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Halton Hills
- Erin Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Erin Mills
- Erin Mills lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Drumquin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Erin Mills came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Erin Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenorchy
- Glenorchy lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Drumquin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenorchy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hornby
- Hornby lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Drumquin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hornby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hornby
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Drumquin ...
Looking for more information about Drumquin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Drumquin, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Drumquin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Drumquin and then turned east". While Drumquin could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Drumquin as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Drumquin could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Drumquin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Drumquin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DrumquinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Drumquin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.5358, Longitude: -79.7811 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|