Our Genealogy Helper for Drayton ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Drayton (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Drayton. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Drayton:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Drayton ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Drayton.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Drayton covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Drayton Victoria Cemetery
- Zion United Church Cemetery
- Bethesda Community Cemetery
- Hollen Cemetery
- Goshen Mennonite Cemetery
- Derryadd Cemetery
- Glen Allan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Glen Allan Cemetery
- Glen Allan Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Drayton.
- Glen Allan Cemetery has also been known as:
- Glen Allan Community Cemetery
- Glen Allan Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Allan Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2232866<1>
- Olivet Mennonite Cemetery
- Creek Bank Mennonite Cemetery
- St. John the Evangelist RC Cemetery
- Greenfield Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Greenfield Cemetery
- The Greenfield Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Arthur.Greenfield Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Drayton.
- Greenfield Cemetery has also been known as:
- Arthur Greenfield Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenfield Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1970358<1>
- St. John the Evangelist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. John the Evangelist Cemetery
- The St. John the Evangelist Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Arthur.More precisely, St. John the Evangelist Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Drayton.
- St. John the Evangelist Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. John's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. John the Evangelist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2190361<1>
- Continue List (374 more) ...
- North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery
- North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Drayton.
- North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery has also been known as:
- North Woolwich Mennonite Cemetery
- North Woolwich Mennonite Meething House Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2189257<1>
- Maple View Mennonite Cemetery
- Petherton Pioneer Baptist Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Drayton. See our List of 1890's Communities around Drayton.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Drayton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Drayton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Drayton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DraytonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Drayton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7550, Longitude: -80.6714 |