Our Genealogy Helper for Dill Siding ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Dill Siding (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Dill Siding. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Dill Siding:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Dill Siding ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Dill Siding.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Dill Siding covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Civic Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Civic Memorial Cemetery
- Civic Memorial Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Dill Siding.
- Civic Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Civic Memorial / Minnow Lake Cemetery
- Sudbury Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Civic Memorial Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2176340<2>
- McFarlane Cemetery
- Long Lake Finnish Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Long Lake Finnish Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Long Lake Finnish Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Long Lake Finnish Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the west of Dill Siding.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Long Lake Finnish Cemetery
- LaSalle RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the LaSalle RC Cemetery
- LaSalle RC Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Dill Siding.
- LaSalle RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- LaSalle Boulevard Cemetery
- LaSalle Cemetery
- Sudbury Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on LaSalle RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1971324<2>
- Eyre Cemetery
- Sudbury Anglican Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Park Lawn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Park Lawn Cemetery
- The Park Lawn Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located in Sudbury.More accurately, Park Lawn Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Dill Siding.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Park Lawn Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1987851<2>
- St. Stanislaus RC Cemetery
- Waters Twp. Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Joseph's Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Dill Siding.
- St. Joseph's Cemetery has also been known as:
- Chelmsford RC Cemetery
- St. Joseph Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Joseph's Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2316311<2>
- St. Charles Cemetery
- Warren Protestant Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Dill Siding. See our List of 1890's Communities around Dill Siding.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dill Siding. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dill Siding) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dill Siding. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dill SidingOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dill Siding. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.4255, Longitude: -80.8389 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|