Our Genealogy Helper for Crieff ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Crieff (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Crieff. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Crieff:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Crieff ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Crieff.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Crieff covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Crown Cemetery
- Killean Cemetery
- Kirkwall Presbyterian Cemetery
- Mountsberg Baptist Church Cemetery
- Beverly Sheffield Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beverly Sheffield Cemetery
- Beverly Sheffield Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Crieff.
- Beverly Sheffield Cemetery has also been known as:
- Flamborough Sheffield Cemetery
- Sheffield Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beverly Sheffield Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2098446<1>
- Westover Baptist Cemetery
- Carmel Cemetery
- Episcopal United Church / Mountsberg Methodist Cemetery
- Crossroads Brethern in Christ Cemetery
- Lamb Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lamb Cemetery
- Lamb Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Crieff.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lamb Cemetery
- Westover United Church Cemetery
- New Hope Cemetery
- Continue List (581 more) ...
- St. Mary's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mary's Cemetery
- St. Mary's Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Crieff.
- St. Mary's Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Mary's of the Visitation Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mary's Cemetery
- St. Patrick's RC Cemetery
- Rockton Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rockton Cemetery
- Rockton Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Crieff.
- Rockton Cemetery has also been known as:
- Flamborough - Rockton Cemetery
- Flamborough Rockton / Morden Cemetery
- Morden Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockton Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2520945<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Crieff. See our List of 1890's Communities around Crieff.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Crieff. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Crieff) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Crieff. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CrieffOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crieff. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4236, Longitude: -80.1517 |