Welcome to Corktown ...
Although we found mention of Corktown during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Corktown was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Corktown to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Corktown, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Corktown might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Corktown would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Corktown ...
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Corktown.
Communities near Corktown ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Corktown.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakville
- Oakville lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Corktown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oakville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oakville<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Albion Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Albion Falls
- Albion Falls lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Corktown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aldershot
- Aldershot lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Corktown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aldershot
- Ancaster Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ancaster Heights
- Ancaster Heights lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Corktown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ancaster Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ancaster Heights
- Cootes Paradise
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cootes Paradise
- Cootes Paradise lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Corktown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cootes Paradise came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cootes Paradise
- Hamilton Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hamilton Beach
- Hamilton Beach lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Corktown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hamilton Beach
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Corktown ...
Looking for more information about Corktown? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Corktown, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Corktown.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Corktown and then turned west". While Corktown could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Corktown as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Corktown could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Corktown) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Corktown. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CorktownOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Corktown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2492, Longitude: -79.8669 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|