Our Genealogy Helper for Chepstow ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Chepstow (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Chepstow. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Chepstow:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Chepstow ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Chepstow.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Chepstow covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Durham Road Baptist Church Cemetery
- Purdy Cemetery
- Immaculate Conception RC Cemetery
- Walkerton Presbyterian Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Walkerton Presbyterian Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Walkerton Presbyterian Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Walkerton Presbyterian Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Chepstow.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walkerton Presbyterian Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2308004<1>
- Smith's Cemetery
- Walkerton Cemetery
- Jackson's Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jackson's Family Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Jackson's Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jackson's Family Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Chepstow.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jackson's Family Cemetery
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Cemetery
- Sacred Heart RC Cemetery
- Mildmay United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mildmay United Church Cemetery
- Mildmay United Church Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Chepstow.
- Mildmay United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mildmay United / St. Paul's Cemetery
- St. Paul's United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mildmay United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2331083<1>
- St. John's Lutheran Cemetery
- Salem EUB Cemetery
- Continue List (162 more) ...
- St. Francis Xavier RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Francis Xavier RC Cemetery
- St. Francis Xavier RC Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Chepstow.
- St. Francis Xavier RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Francis Xavier Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Francis Xavier RC Cemetery
- Curtis Cemetery
- Kinloss Mennonite Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Chepstow. See our List of 1890's Communities around Chepstow.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chepstow. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Chepstow) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chepstow. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ChepstowOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chepstow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1543, Longitude: -81.2761 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|