Welcome to Carmunnock ...
Although we found mention of Carmunnock during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Carmunnock was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Carmunnock to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Carmunnock, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Carmunnock might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Carmunnock would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Carmunnock ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Carmunnock - they are located in and Ontario (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Carmunnock.
Communities near Carmunnock ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Carmunnock.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brodhagen
- Brodhagen lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Carmunnock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brodhagen came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brodhagen
- Silver Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Corners
- Silver Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Slabtown
- Slabtown lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Slabtown
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manley
- Manley lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bornholm
- Bornholm lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Carmunnock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bornholm came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bornholm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Henfryn
- Henfryn lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Carmunnock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Henfryn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Henfryn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newry
- Newry lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Carmunnock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Newry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newry
- Willow Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willow Grove
- Willow Grove lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willow Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Atwood
- Atwood lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Atwood
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Carmunnock ...
Looking for more information about Carmunnock? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Carmunnock, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Carmunnock.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Carmunnock and then turned west". While Carmunnock could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Carmunnock as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Carmunnock could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carmunnock) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carmunnock. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Carmunnock
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carmunnock. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.6092, Longitude: -81.1367
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|