Our Genealogy Helper for Carlisle ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Carlisle (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Carlisle. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Carlisle:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Carlisle ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Carlisle.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Carlisle covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Carlisle Community / Carlyle / Falkirk Cemetery
- Denfield Cemetery
- Nairn Cemetery
- Nairn / Nairn Hill Cemetery
- Nairn Mennonite Church Cemetery
- St. George's Anglican Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Littlewood Cemetery
- St. James Cemetery
- Ivan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ivan Cemetery
- Ivan Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Carlisle.
- Ivan Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ivan / Melville United Cemetery
- Melville United Cemetery
- Melville United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ivan Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2316099<1>
- Mars Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mars Hill Cemetery
- Mars Hill Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Carlisle.
- Mars Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Brinsley Union Cemetery
- Mars Hill / Dixon / Brinsley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mars Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2335779<1>
- St. Patrick's RC Cemetery
- Lewis Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lewis Cemetery
- Lewis Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Carlisle.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lewis Cemetery
- Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery
- The Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery is located outside and to the northeast of Coldstream.Stated another way, Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Carlisle.
- Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery has also been known as:
- Coldstream Cemetery
- Friends Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coldstream Society of Friends Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2211874<1>
- Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Carlisle.
- Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birr Anglican / Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Birr United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Birr United Church Cemetery
- Birr United Church Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Carlisle.
- Birr United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Birr Methodist Cemetery
- Birr United / Methodist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birr United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2460837<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Carlisle. See our List of 1890's Communities around Carlisle.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carlisle. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carlisle) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carlisle. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarlisleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carlisle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.1281, Longitude: -81.4831 |