Welcome to Cardwell ...
Although we found mention of Cardwell during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Cardwell was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Cardwell to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cardwell, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Cardwell might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Cardwell would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Cardwell ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Cardwell - they are located in California, Florida, Idaho, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, Ontario and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cardwell.
Communities near Cardwell ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cardwell.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caledon
- Caledon lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Cardwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caledon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caledon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Caledon<5>
- New Tecumseth
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mono
- Mono lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<3> to the northeast of Cardwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mono came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mono
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mono<5>
- Glen Cross
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glen Cross
- Glen Cross lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Cardwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glen Cross came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Cross
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crombie
- Crombie lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Cardwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crombie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crombie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elba
- Elba lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Cardwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elba came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elba
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Farmington
- Farmington lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Cardwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Farmington came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Farmington
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cardwell ...
Looking for more information about Cardwell? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cardwell, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cardwell.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Cardwell and then turned east". While Cardwell could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Cardwell as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cardwell could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cardwell) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cardwell. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CardwellOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cardwell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9761, Longitude: -80.0986 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|