Curious and Interesting Names Near Caramat ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillsport
- Hillsport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the east of Caramat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillsport came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillsport
- Margo Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Margo Lake
- Margo Lake lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Caramat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Margo Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Margo Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Otterdale
- Otterdale lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the east of Caramat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Otterdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Otterdale
How Far From Caramat to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Caramat to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Caramat and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 566 miles [910.9 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Caramat to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 33 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 23 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,761 miles [9,271.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,515 miles [10,484.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,427 miles [7,124.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Caramat. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Caramat) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Caramat. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Caramat
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Caramat. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6167, Longitude: -86.1500
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Caramat to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 313.072 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 310.927 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 305.116 degrees.||