Welcome to Campbelltown ...
Although we found mention of Campbelltown during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Campbelltown was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Campbelltown to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Campbelltown, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Campbelltown might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Campbelltown would be found within the (705) & (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Campbelltown ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Campbelltown - they are located in Colorado, Indiana, Maryland, Pennsylvania (2) and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Campbelltown.
Communities near Campbelltown ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Campbelltown.
- Port Hope
- Alderville First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alderville First Nation
- Alderville First Nation lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Campbelltown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alderville First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alderville First Nation
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Assumption
- Assumption lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Campbelltown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Assumption came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Assumption
- Crystal Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crystal Springs
- Crystal Springs lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Campbelltown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crystal Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crystal Springs
- Hall Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hall Landing
- Hall Landing lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Campbelltown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hall Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lang
- Lang lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Campbelltown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lang came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lang
- Stewart Hall
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stewart Hall
- Stewart Hall lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Campbelltown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stewart Hall came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stewart Hall
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bailieboro
- Bailieboro lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Campbelltown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bailieboro came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bailieboro
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bailieboro<4>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Campbelltown ...
Looking for more information about Campbelltown? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Campbelltown, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Campbelltown.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Campbelltown and then turned west". While Campbelltown could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Campbelltown as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Campbelltown could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Campbelltown) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Campbelltown. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CampbelltownOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Campbelltown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2169, Longitude: -78.2331 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|