Welcome to Burgess Mines ...
Although we found mention of Burgess Mines during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Burgess Mines was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Burgess Mines to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Burgess Mines, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Burgess Mines might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you leave Burgess Mines and travel south, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Burgess Mines would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near Burgess Mines ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Burgess Mines.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Havergal
- Havergal lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Burgess Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Havergal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Havergal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Purdy
- Purdy lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Burgess Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Purdy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Purdy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Purdy<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenview
- Greenview lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Burgess Mines
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenview
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Maple Leaf
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple Leaf
- Maple Leaf lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Burgess Mines
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Leaf
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Centreview
- Centreview lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Burgess Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Centreview came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centreview
- Fort Stewart
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Stewart
- Fort Stewart lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Burgess Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Stewart came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Stewart
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barrymere
- Barrymere lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Burgess Mines
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Barrymere came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barrymere
- McAlpine Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McAlpine Corners
- McAlpine Corners lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Burgess Mines
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McAlpine Corners
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Burgess Mines ...
Looking for more information about Burgess Mines? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Burgess Mines, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Burgess Mines.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Burgess Mines and then turned east". While Burgess Mines could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Burgess Mines as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Burgess Mines could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Burgess Mines) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burgess Mines. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Burgess MinesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burgess Mines. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.2656, Longitude: -77.7000 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|