Welcome to Broughdale ...
Although we found mention of Broughdale during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Broughdale was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Broughdale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Broughdale, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Broughdale might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Broughdale would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Broughdale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Broughdale.
- Saint Thomas
- Saint Marys
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Broughdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ballymote
- Ballymote lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Broughdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ballymote
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glendale
- Glendale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Broughdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glendale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pottersburg
- Pottersburg lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Broughdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pottersburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pottersburg
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Westmount
- Westmount lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Broughdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westmount
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crumlin
- Crumlin lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Broughdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crumlin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crumlin
- The Gore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for The Gore
- The Gore lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Broughdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on The Gore
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Broughdale ...
Looking for more information about Broughdale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Broughdale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Broughdale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Broughdale and then turned east". While Broughdale could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Broughdale as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Broughdale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Broughdale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Broughdale. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BroughdaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Broughdale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0097, Longitude: -81.2597 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|