Welcome to Bronte Station ...
Although we found mention of Bronte Station during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Bronte Station was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Bronte Station to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Bronte Station, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Bronte Station: Bronte Sta. (in Canada, 'Stn.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Bronte Station might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Bronte Station would be found within the (905) area code.
Communities near Bronte Station ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bronte Station.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brampton
- Brampton lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Bronte Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brampton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brampton<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakville
- Oakville lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Bronte Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oakville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oakville<3>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ash
- Ash lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Bronte Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ash came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ash
- Port Nelson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Nelson
- Port Nelson lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Bronte Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port Nelson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Nelson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falgarwood
- Falgarwood lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Bronte Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falgarwood
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bronte Station ...
Looking for more information about Bronte Station? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bronte Station, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bronte Station.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Bronte Station and then turned west". While Bronte Station could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Bronte Station as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bronte Station could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bronte Station) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bronte Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4053, Longitude: -79.7317
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|