Welcome to Brinklow ...
Although we found mention of Brinklow during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Brinklow was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Brinklow to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Brinklow, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Brinklow might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Brinklow would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Brinklow ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Brinklow - they are located in Maryland and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Brinklow.
Communities near Brinklow ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brinklow.
- Steenburg Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Steenburg Lake
- Steenburg Lake lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Brinklow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Steenburg Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Steenburg Lake
- Murphy Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murphy Corners
- Murphy Corners lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Brinklow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Murphy Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murphy Corners
- Saint Ola
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Ola
- Saint Ola lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Brinklow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Ola came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Ola
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Turriff
- Turriff lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Brinklow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Turriff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Turriff
- Coe Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gunter
- Gunter lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Brinklow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gunter
- Nobbs Siding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nobbs Siding
- Nobbs Siding lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Brinklow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nobbs Siding came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nobbs Siding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Detlor
- Detlor lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the north of Brinklow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Detlor
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brinklow ...
Looking for more information about Brinklow? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Brinklow, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Brinklow.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Brinklow and then turned east". While Brinklow could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Brinklow as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Brinklow could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Brinklow) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brinklow. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BrinklowOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brinklow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8975, Longitude: -77.6989 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|