Our Genealogy Helper for Brindle Crossing ...
Although we found mention of Brindle Crossing during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Brindle Crossing was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Brindle Crossing (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Brindle Crossing. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Name Variations for Brindle Crossing ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Various errors happen - anything from simple spelling to bad translations, abbreviations or people who just guessed at the name.
For example, a typical abbreviation for Brindle Crossing: Brindle Xing.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Brindle Crossing:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Brindle Crossing ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Brindle Crossing.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Brindle Crossing covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Columba's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Columba's Cemetery
- The St. Columba's Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Brumsfield.To be more precise, St. Columba's Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Brindle Crossing.
- St. Columba's Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Columba's RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Columba's Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2190827<3>
- Wesley United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wesley United Church Cemetery
- Wesley United Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Brindle Crossing.
- Wesley United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Wesley United Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wesley United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2327582<3>
- Greenwood United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Greenwood United Church Cemetery
- The Greenwood United Church Cemetery is located outside and to the northeast of Greenwood.More precisely, Greenwood United Church Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Brindle Crossing.
- Greenwood United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Greenwood Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenwood United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2439040<3>
- McDonald Burying Ground
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the McDonald Burying Ground
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the McDonald Burying Ground. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- McDonald Burying Ground lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Brindle Crossing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McDonald Burying Ground
- Grace United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grace United Church Cemetery
- The Grace United Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Beachburg.To be more accurate, Grace United Church Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the southeast of Brindle Crossing.
- Grace United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Perretton Grace United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grace United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2605434<3>
- St. Casimir Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Casimir Cemetery
- St. Casimir Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Brindle Crossing.
- St. Casimir Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Casimir's Parish Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Casimir Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2420050<3>
- Continue List ...
- Forest View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Forest View Cemetery
- Forest View Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the south of Brindle Crossing.
- Forest View Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Andrew's United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2277302<3>
- St. Andrew's RC Church Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Brindle Crossing. See our List of 1890's Communities around Brindle Crossing.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Brindle Crossing and then turned west". While Brindle Crossing could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Brindle Crossing as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Brindle Crossing could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Ontario community named Brindle Crossing.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Brindle Crossing) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brindle Crossing. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.9311, Longitude: -77.3353
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|