Welcome to Brandy Point ...
Although we found mention of Brandy Point during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Brandy Point was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Brandy Point to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Brandy Point, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Brandy Point: Brandy Pt.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Brandy Point might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Brandy Point would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Brandy Point ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brandy Point.
- Saint Marys
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carlingford
- Carlingford lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Brandy Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carlingford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlingford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dublin
- Dublin lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Brandy Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dublin
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Brandy Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Staffa
- Staffa lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Brandy Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Staffa
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cromarty
- Cromarty lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Brandy Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cromarty came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cromarty
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Motherwell
- Motherwell lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Brandy Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Motherwell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Motherwell
- Willow Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willow Grove
- Willow Grove lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Brandy Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willow Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bornholm
- Bornholm lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Brandy Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bornholm came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bornholm
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brandy Point ...
Looking for more information about Brandy Point? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Brandy Point, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Brandy Point.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Brandy Point and then turned west". While Brandy Point could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Brandy Point as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Brandy Point could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Brandy Point) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brandy Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4367, Longitude: -81.2242
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|