Welcome to Bowser's Corner ...
Although we found mention of Bowser's Corner during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Bowser's Corner was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Bowser's Corner to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Bowser's Corner, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Bowser's Corner: Bowsers Cor. (or less commonly used: Bowsers Crn.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Bowser's Corner might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Bowser's Corner would be found within the (705) & (249)<2> area codes.
Communities near Bowser's Corner ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bowser's Corner.
- Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands
- Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Bowser's Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands
- Gore Bay
- Cold Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cold Springs
- Cold Springs lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Bowser's Corner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cold Springs
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Pleasant Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pleasant Valley
- Pleasant Valley lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Bowser's Corner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasant Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Honora
- Honora lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Bowser's Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Honora came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Honora
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Perivale
- Perivale lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Bowser's Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Perivale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Perivale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gibraltar
- Gibraltar lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Bowser's Corner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gibraltar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockville
- Rockville lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Bowser's Corner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mindemoya
- Mindemoya lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Bowser's Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mindemoya came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mindemoya
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mindemoya<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bowser's Corner ...
Looking for more information about Bowser's Corner? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bowser's Corner, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bowser's Corner.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Bowser's Corner and then turned east". While Bowser's Corner could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Bowser's Corner as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bowser's Corner could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bowser's Corner) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bowser's Corner. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.8436, Longitude: -82.2183
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|