Welcome to Bowood ...
Although we found mention of Bowood during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Bowood was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Bowood to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Bowood, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Bowood might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Bowood would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Bowood ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Bowood - it's located in Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bowood.
Communities near Bowood ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bowood.
- Lambton Shores
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the south of Bowood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Ailsa Craig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ailsa Craig
- Ailsa Craig lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Bowood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ailsa Craig
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carlisle
- Carlisle lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Bowood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlisle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denfield
- Denfield lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Bowood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denfield
- Hickory Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hickory Corner
- Hickory Corner lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Bowood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hickory Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hickory Corner
- Poplar Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vanneck
- Vanneck lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Bowood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vanneck came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vanneck
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crathie
- Crathie lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Bowood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crathie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crathie
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bowood ...
Looking for more information about Bowood? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bowood, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bowood.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Bowood and then turned west". While Bowood could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Bowood as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bowood could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bowood) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bowood. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BowoodOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bowood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0808, Longitude: -81.5303 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|