Our Genealogy Helper for Bornish ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Bornish (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Bornish. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bornish:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Michigan
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Bornish ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bornish.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bornish covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Columba RC Cemetery
- Parkhill Cemetery
- Nairn Mennonite Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nairn Mennonite Church Cemetery
- Nairn Mennonite Church Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Bornish.
- Nairn Mennonite Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Maple Lane Cemetery
- Nairn Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nairn Mennonite Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2232902<1>
- Nairn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nairn Cemetery
- Nairn Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Bornish.
- Nairn Cemetery has also been known as:
- Nairn Hill Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nairn Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2286293<1>
- Nairn / Nairn Hill Cemetery
- Arkona Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mennonite Cemetery
- Mennonite Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Bornish.
- Mennonite Cemetery has also been known as:
- Reformed Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mennonite Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2402122<1>
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Wallace / Robertson-Spalding Cemetery
- Mars Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mars Hill Cemetery
- Mars Hill Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Bornish.
- Mars Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Brinsley Union Cemetery
- Mars Hill / Dixon / Brinsley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mars Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2335779<1>
- Salem Cemetery
- Thedford Baptist Cemetery
- Fourth Line Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fourth Line Cemetery
- Fourth Line Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Bornish.
- Fourth Line Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fourth Line Old Methodist / Mt Zion
- Mt. Zion Cemetery
- Mt. Zion / Fourth Line Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fourth Line Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2313646<1>
- Strathroy Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Strathroy Cemetery
- Strathroy Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Bornish.
- Strathroy Cemetery has also been known as:
- Strathroy Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strathroy Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2223210<1>
- Poplar Hill Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bornish. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bornish.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bornish. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bornish) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bornish. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bornish
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bornish. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.1022, Longitude: -81.6766