Our Genealogy Helper for Bongard ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Bongard (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Bongard. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bongard:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from New York
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Bongard ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bongard.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bongard covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Alban's Anglican Cemetery
- Adolphustown United Church Cemetery
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- St. Paul's Church Cemetery
- McDowall Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the McDowall Memorial Cemetery
- McDowall Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- McDowall Memorial United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McDowall Memorial Cemetery
- Trumpour Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Black Creek Bridge Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Black Creek Bridge Cemetery
- Black Creek Bridge Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Bongard.
- Black Creek Bridge Cemetery has also been known as:
- Black River Bridge Memorial
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Black Creek Bridge Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2580509<2>
- Glenwood Cemetery
- Roblin Family Cemetery
- Deseronto Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Deseronto Cemetery
- The Deseronto Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Deseronto.Stated another way, Deseronto Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Bongard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deseronto Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2329149<2>
- Bath United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bath United Church Cemetery
- Bath United Church Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Bongard.
- Bath United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bath Pastoral Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bath United Church Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican Cemetery
- St. Linus Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Linus Cemetery
- St. Linus Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Bongard.
- St. Linus Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Linus RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Linus Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2335873<2>
- St. John's Anglican Cemetery
- St. John's Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bongard. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bongard.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bongard. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bongard) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bongard. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bongard
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bongard. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0500, Longitude: -76.9333
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|