Our Genealogy Helper for Bogart ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Bogart (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Bogart. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bogart:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Bogart ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bogart.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bogart covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Carthagha Cemetery
- Victoria Cemetery
- Actinolite Cemetery
- Thomasburg Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Thomasburg Cemetery
- Thomasburg Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Bogart.
- Thomasburg Cemetery has also been known as:
- Thomasburg United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thomasburg Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2359272<1>
- White Lake Cemetery
- Hazzards Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hazzards Cemetery
- Hazzards Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Bogart.
- Hazzards Cemetery has also been known as:
- Hazzard United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazzards Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2354676<1>
- Continue List ...
- Sacred Heart of Mary Cemetery
- Tamworth United Church Cemetery
- O'Hara Cemetery
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Bogart.
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church Cemetery
- St. Charles Borromeo RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2368239<1>
- Flinton United Church Cemetery
- Cooper Cemetery
- Victoria Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Victoria Cemetery
- The Victoria Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Belleville.To be more accurate, Victoria Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km] to the south of Bogart.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Victoria Cemetery
- Eldorado Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Eldorado Cemetery
- The Eldorado Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Madoc.To be more accurate, Eldorado Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest of Bogart.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eldorado Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2282548<1>
- Reidville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Reidville Cemetery
- Reidville Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Bogart.
- Reidville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Reidville United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reidville Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bogart. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bogart.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Bogart ...
With our Gazetteer, we add the names of communities whenever we see them mentioned - frequently found in old books or maps. Usually we don't have any details that go with the name, but we'll eventually find documents that will give us a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Bogart.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
Province Of Ontario Gazetteer and Directory, 1869
Written by: McEvoy, Henry
Published by Robertson & Cook
for Bogart. See our Misc Page for Bogart for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bogart. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bogart) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bogart. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bogart
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bogart. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4980, Longitude: -77.2487