Welcome to Bloomsburg ...
Although we found mention of Bloomsburg during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Bloomsburg was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Bloomsburg to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Bloomsburg, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Bloomsburg might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Bloomsburg would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Bloomsburg ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Bloomsburg - they are located in and Pennsylvania (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bloomsburg.
Communities near Bloomsburg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bloomsburg.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brant
- Brant lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the north of Bloomsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brant came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillcrest
- Hillcrest lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Bloomsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillcrest
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Renton
- Renton lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Bloomsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Renton
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Round Plains
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Plains
- Round Plains lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Bloomsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Plains
- Townsend Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Townsend Centre
- Townsend Centre lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Bloomsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Townsend Centre came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Townsend Centre
- Bill's Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bill's Corners
- Bill's Corners lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Bloomsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bill's Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dundurn
- Dundurn lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Bloomsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dundurn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dundurn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nixon
- Nixon lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Bloomsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nixon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nixon
- Villa Nova
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Villa Nova
- Villa Nova lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Bloomsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Villa Nova
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bloomsburg ...
Looking for more information about Bloomsburg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bloomsburg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bloomsburg.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Bloomsburg and then turned west". While Bloomsburg could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Bloomsburg as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bloomsburg could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bloomsburg) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bloomsburg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bloomsburg
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bloomsburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.8872, Longitude: -80.2989
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|