Our Genealogy Helper for Blacks Corners ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Blacks Corners (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Blacks Corners. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Name Variations for Blacks Corners ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Various errors happen - anything from simple spelling to bad translations, abbreviations or people who just guessed at the name.
- A typical abbreviation for Blacks Corners: Blacks Cors.
- While the name of this community is Blacks Corners, be aware that it's the common practice of mapmakers to remove the apostrophe from possessive names<1>. So Blacks Corners may originally have been Black's Corners.
Sometimes the trailing 's' might be dropped altogether, in which case Blacks Corners might be written as Black Corners.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Blacks Corners:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Blacks Corners ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Blacks Corners.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Blacks Corners covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. James Cemetery
- Sinclair Pioneer Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican Cemetery
- Methodist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Methodist Cemetery
- Methodist Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Blacks Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Methodist Cemetery
- Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery
- Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Blacks Corners.
- Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Wesleyan Methodist Burial Ground
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2509918<2>
- Munster Union Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Auld Kirk Cemetery
- Robertson / Kellough Cemetery
- Bellamy Mills Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bellamy Mills Cemetery
- The Bellamy Mills Cemetery is located outside and to the southeast of Clayton.To be more precise, Bellamy Mills Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Blacks Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellamy Mills Cemetery
- Clayton United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Clayton United Church Cemetery
- The Clayton United Church Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Clayton.More precisely, Clayton United Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Blacks Corners.
- Clayton United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Clayton Cemetery
- Guthrie United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clayton United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2265997<2>
- Stittsville United Church Cemetery
- Hillcrest Cemetery
- St. Andrew Presbyterian Cemetery
- Elmwood Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Elmwood Cemetery
- The Elmwood Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Perth.To be precise, Elmwood Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Blacks Corners.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elmwood Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2167891<2>
- Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pioneer Cemetery
- Pioneer Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Blacks Corners.
- Pioneer Cemetery has also been known as:
- Craig Street Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pioneer Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2351547<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Blacks Corners. See our List of 1890's Communities around Blacks Corners.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Blacks Corners. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||It's generally believed that possessive apostrophes are removed to prevent confusion on maps where the apostrophe may be confused with a cartographic symbol. While this is generally true, it's not uncommon to find possessive apostrophes in administrative names (such as towns or counties).|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Blacks Corners) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Blacks Corners. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Blacks Corners
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Blacks Corners. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1069, Longitude: -76.1059