Welcome to Birdsalls ...
Although we found mention of Birdsalls during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Birdsalls was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Birdsalls to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Birdsalls, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Birdsalls might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Birdsalls would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities near Birdsalls ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Birdsalls.
- Alderville First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alderville First Nation
- Alderville First Nation lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Birdsalls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alderville First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alderville First Nation
- Robin Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robin Landing
- Robin Landing lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Birdsalls
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robin Landing
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jermyn
- Jermyn lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Birdsalls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jermyn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jermyn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keene
- Keene lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Birdsalls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keene came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keene
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Keene<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lang
- Lang lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Birdsalls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lang came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lang
- Little Germany
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Germany
- Little Germany lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Birdsalls
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Germany
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alderville
- Alderville lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Birdsalls
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alderville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brickley
- Brickley lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Birdsalls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brickley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brickley
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Birdsalls ...
Looking for more information about Birdsalls? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Birdsalls, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Birdsalls.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Birdsalls and then turned west". While Birdsalls could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Birdsalls as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Birdsalls could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Birdsalls) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Birdsalls. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BirdsallsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Birdsalls. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2819, Longitude: -78.0544 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|