Welcome to Avonbank ...
Although we found mention of Avonbank during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Avonbank was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Avonbank to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Avonbank, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Avonbank might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Avonbank would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Avonbank ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Avonbank.
- Saint Marys
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conroy
- Conroy lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Avonbank
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Conroy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conroy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anderson
- Anderson lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Avonbank
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anderson
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lind
- Lind lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Avonbank
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lind came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lind
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rannoch
- Rannoch lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Avonbank
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rannoch came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rannoch
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fullarton
- Fullarton lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Avonbank
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fullarton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fullarton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fullarton<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sebringville
- Sebringville lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Avonbank
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sebringville
- Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Avonbank
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Russeldale
- Russeldale lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Avonbank
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Russeldale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Avonbank ...
Looking for more information about Avonbank? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Avonbank, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Avonbank.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Avonbank and then turned east". While Avonbank could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Avonbank as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Avonbank could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Avonbank) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Avonbank. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AvonbankOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Avonbank. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.3289, Longitude: -81.1292 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|