Welcome to Augsburg ...
Although we found mention of Augsburg during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Augsburg was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Augsburg to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Augsburg, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Augsburg might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Augsburg would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Augsburg ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 2 communities that are also named Augsburg - they are located in Arkansas and Illinois.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Augsburg.
Communities near Augsburg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Augsburg.
(3 miles [4.8 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pikwakanagan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pikwakanagan
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Pikwakanagan
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the east)
- Golden Lake
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the northwest)
- Silver Lake
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the west)
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zadow
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Zadow
- Letts Corners
(5 miles [8 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Letts Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Letts Corners
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Letts Corners
(5 miles [8 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McGrath came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McGrath
- Jump to a Google Map centered on McGrath
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the north)
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castile came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castile
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Castile
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cormac came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cormac
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Cormac
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Augsburg ...
Looking for more information about Augsburg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Augsburg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Augsburg.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Augsburg and then turned east". While Augsburg could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Augsburg as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Augsburg could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|