Welcome to Augsburg ...
Although we found mention of Augsburg during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Augsburg was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Augsburg to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Augsburg, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Augsburg might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Augsburg would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Augsburg ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Augsburg - they are located in Arkansas and Illinois.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Augsburg.
Communities near Augsburg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Augsburg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pikwakanagan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pikwakanagan
- Pikwakanagan lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Augsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pikwakanagan
- Golden Lake
- Silver Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Lake
- Silver Lake lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Augsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Letts Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Letts Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Letts Corners
- Letts Corners lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Augsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Letts Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McGrath came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McGrath
- McGrath lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southeast of Augsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McGrath
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Germanicus
- Germanicus lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Augsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Germanicus
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castile came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castile
- Castile lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the west of Augsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castile
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cormac came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cormac
- Cormac lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Augsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cormac
- Mink Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mink Lake
- Mink Lake lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Augsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mink Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Augsburg ...
Looking for more information about Augsburg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Augsburg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Augsburg.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Augsburg and then turned east". While Augsburg could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Augsburg as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Augsburg could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Augsburg) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Augsburg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Augsburg
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Augsburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.5283, Longitude: -77.1831