Welcome to Atironto ...
Although we found mention of Atironto during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Atironto was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Atironto to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Atironto, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Atironto might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Atironto would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near Atironto ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Atironto.
- Carleton Place
- Merrickville - Wolford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Merrickville - Wolford
- Merrickville - Wolford lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Atironto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Merrickville - Wolford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Merrickville - Wolford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Merrickville - Wolford<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Numogate
- Numogate lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Atironto
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Numogate
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shanes
- Shanes lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Atironto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shanes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shanes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenview
- Glenview lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Atironto
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenview
- Port Elmsley
- Wolford Chapel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wolford Chapel
- Wolford Chapel lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Atironto
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolford Chapel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lombardy
- Lombardy lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Atironto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lombardy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lombardy
- Eastons Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eastons Corners
- Eastons Corners lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Atironto
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eastons Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eastons Corners
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Atironto ...
Looking for more information about Atironto? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Atironto, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Atironto.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Atironto and then turned west". While Atironto could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Atironto as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Atironto could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Atironto) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Atironto. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Atironto
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Atironto. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9031, Longitude: -76.0072
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|