Welcome to Ashworth ...
Although we found mention of Ashworth during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> We believe that Ashworth had a post office at one time. We have done a cursory search and haven't been able to find any evidence that the community still exists..
We've added Ashworth to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ashworth, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Ashworth might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Ashworth would be found within the (705) & (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Ashworth ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found another community named Ashworth - it's located in Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ashworth.
Communities near Ashworth ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ashworth.
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Burk's Falls
(18 miles [29 km] to the north)
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kearney came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kearney
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Kearney
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kearney <3>
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the north)
- Haldane Hill
(5 miles [8 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Haldane Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haldane Hill
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Haldane Hill
(5 miles [8 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ravenscliffe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ravenscliffe
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Ravenscliffe
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the south)
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Martins came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Martins
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Martins
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hekkla came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hekkla
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Hekkla
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ashworth ...
Looking for more information about Ashworth? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Ashworth, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Ashworth.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Ashworth and then turned west". While Ashworth could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Ashworth as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Ashworth could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|