Welcome to Ashworth ...
Although we found mention of Ashworth during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> We believe that Ashworth had a post office at one time. We have done a cursory search and haven't been able to find any evidence that the community still exists..
We've added Ashworth to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ashworth, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Ashworth might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Ashworth would be found within the (705) & (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Ashworth ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Ashworth - it's located in Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ashworth.
Communities near Ashworth ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ashworth.
- Burk's Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kearney
- Kearney lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Ashworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kearney came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kearney
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kearney<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ilfracombe
- Ilfracombe lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Ashworth
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ilfracombe
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Haldane Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haldane Hill
- Haldane Hill lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Ashworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Haldane Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haldane Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ravenscliffe
- Ravenscliffe lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Ashworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ravenscliffe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ravenscliffe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lancelot
- Lancelot lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Ashworth
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lancelot
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Martins
- Martins lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Ashworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Martins came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martins
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allensville
- Allensville lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Ashworth
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allensville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hekkla
- Hekkla lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Ashworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hekkla came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hekkla
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ashworth ...
Looking for more information about Ashworth? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Ashworth, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Ashworth.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Ashworth and then turned west". While Ashworth could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Ashworth as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Ashworth could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ashworth) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ashworth. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AshworthOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ashworth. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3492, Longitude: -79.4019 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|