Our Genealogy Helper for Ashton ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Ashton (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Ashton. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Ashton:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from New York
- Stories from Ontario
- Stories from Quebec
Cemeteries Near Ashton ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Ashton.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Ashton covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Munster Union Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican Cemetery
- St. Andrew Presbyterian Cemetery
- Stittsville United Church Cemetery
- Maple Grove Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Maple Grove Cemetery
- Maple Grove Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Ashton.
- Maple Grove Cemetery has also been known as:
- Clarke's Cemetery
- Hazeldean Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Grove Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2319550<1>
- Highland Park Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Carp Presbyterian Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Carp Presbyterian Cemetery
- Carp Presbyterian Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Ashton.
- Carp Presbyterian Cemetery has also been known as:
- Huntley / Carp Presbyterian Cemetery
- Huntley Presbyterian Cemetery
- Huntley United Cemetery
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carp Presbyterian Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2517175<1>
- St. James Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. James Cemetery
- St. James Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the west of Ashton.
- St. James Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. James Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. James Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2333954<1>
- Capital Memorial Gardens
- Bells Corners Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bells Corners Union Cemetery
- Bells Corners Union Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Ashton.
- Bells Corners Union Cemetery has also been known as:
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bells Corners Union Cemetery
- Methodist Cemetery
- Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery
- Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Ashton.
- Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Wesleyan Methodist Burial Ground
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2509918<1>
- Sinclair Pioneer Cemetery
- St. Isidore RC Cemetery
- Moodie Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moodie Cemetery
- Moodie Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Ashton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moodie Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Ashton. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ashton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ashton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ashton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ashton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AshtonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ashton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1677, Longitude: -75.9408 |