Welcome to Arklan ...
Although we found mention of Arklan during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Arklan was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Arklan to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arklan, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Arklan might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Arklan would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near Arklan ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arklan.
- Mississippi Mills
- Carleton Place
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boyds
- Boyds lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Arklan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boyds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boyds
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clydesville
- Clydesville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Arklan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clydesville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clydesville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hopetown
- Hopetown lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Arklan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hopetown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lanark
- Lanark lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Arklan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lanark came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lanark
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lanark<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lloyd
- Lloyd lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Arklan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lloyd came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lloyd
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Innisville
- Innisville lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Arklan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Innisville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Innisville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bullock
- Bullock lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Arklan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bullock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bullock
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Arklan ...
Looking for more information about Arklan? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Arklan, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Arklan.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Arklan and then turned east". While Arklan could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Arklan as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Arklan could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Arklan) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arklan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Arklan
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arklan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0872, Longitude: -76.3461
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|