Our Genealogy Helper for Apsley ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Apsley (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Apsley. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Apsley:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Apsley ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Apsley.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Apsley covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Clydesdale United Cemetery
- McGillivray Cemetery
- Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- Glamorgan Cemetery
- Gooderham Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Gooderham Pioneer Cemetery
- Gooderham Pioneer Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Apsley.
- Gooderham Pioneer Cemetery has also been known as:
- Gooderham Village Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gooderham Pioneer Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2583633<2>
- Old St. Ola United Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Old St. Ola United Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Old St. Ola United Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Old St. Ola United Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the east of Apsley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old St. Ola United Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Glanmire Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Glanmire Cemetery
- Glanmire Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Apsley.
- Glanmire Cemetery has also been known as:
- Glanmire Anglican Cemetery
- St. Margaret's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glanmire Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2523270<2>
- Christ Church Essonville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Christ Church Essonville Cemetery
- The Christ Church Essonville Cemetery is located outside and to the east of Essonville.More precisely, Christ Church Essonville Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Apsley.
- Christ Church Essonville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Anglican Church / Essonville Anglican Cemetery
- Essonville Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Christ Church Essonville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2644202<2>
- Essonville Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Essonville Pioneer Cemetery
- The Essonville Pioneer Cemetery is located outside and to the east of Essonville.More precisely, Essonville Pioneer Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Apsley.
- Essonville Pioneer Cemetery has also been known as:
- Essonville Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Essonville Pioneer Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2644201<2>
- Deer Lake Cemetery
- St. Mark's Anglican Cemetery
- Greenbush Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Greenbush Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Greenbush Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Greenbush Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the east of Apsley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenbush Cemetery
- Cottesloe United Church Cemetery
- Kidd Cemetery
- Gilmour Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Apsley. See our List of 1890's Communities around Apsley.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Apsley ...
With our Gazetteer, we add the names of communities whenever we see them mentioned - frequently found in old books or maps. Usually we don't have any details that go with the name, but we'll eventually find documents that will give us a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Apsley.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
Province Of Ontario Gazetteer and Directory, 1869
Written by: McEvoy, Henry
Published by Robertson & Cook
Shell Oil Road Map for Ontario (1955)
Published by Shell Oil Company
for Apsley. See our Misc Page for Apsley for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Apsley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Apsley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Apsley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ApsleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Apsley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7538, Longitude: -78.0869 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|