Welcome to Appleton ...
Time Zone: Appleton lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Appleton: (613) and (343)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Appleton: K0A<2>
Communities Also Named Appleton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 23 communities that are also named Appleton - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas (4), Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, Newfoundland and Labrador, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania, South Carolina (2), Tennessee, Washington and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Appleton.
Communities near Appleton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Appleton.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aylmer
- Aylmer lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Appleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aylmer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aylmer
- Mississippi Mills
- Carleton Place
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Almonte
- Almonte lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Appleton
- Former names for Almonte:
- Shepherds Falls
- Shipmans Mills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Almonte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Almonte<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Blacks Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blacks Corners
- Blacks Corners lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Appleton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blacks Corners
- Manion Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manion Corners
- Manion Corners lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Appleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Manion Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manion Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McCrearys
- McCrearys lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Appleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McCrearys came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McCrearys
- tenth (10th) Line Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for tenth (10th) Line Shore
- tenth (10th) Line Shore lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Appleton
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for tenth (10th) Line Shore. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on tenth (10th) Line Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beckwith
- Beckwith lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Appleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beckwith came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beckwith
- Petrie Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Petrie Shore
- Petrie Shore lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Appleton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Petrie Shore
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Appleton ...
Looking for more information about Appleton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Appleton, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Appleton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Appleton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Appleton, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Appleton). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Appleton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Appleton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Appleton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Appleton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Appleton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1841, Longitude: -76.1231
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|