Welcome to Angus ...
Angus is 620 feet [189 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Angus lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Angus: (705) and (249)<2>
Communities Also Named Angus ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 11 communities that are also named Angus - they are located in Georgia, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Quebec, Texas and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Angus.
Communities near Angus ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Angus.
- New Tecumseth
- Wasaga Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wasaga Beach
- Wasaga Beach lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Angus
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wasaga Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wasaga Beach
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wasaga Beach<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Colwell
- Colwell lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Angus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Colwell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lisle
- Lisle lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Angus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lisle
- New Lowell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glencairn
- Glencairn lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Angus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glencairn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strongville
- Strongville lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Angus
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Strongville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Former names for Strongville:
- Silver Shoe
- Sunnidale Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strongville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Angus ...
Looking for more information about Angus? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Angus, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Angus.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Angus. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Angus - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Angus) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Angus. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Angus
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Angus. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3167, Longitude: -79.8833
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|