Welcome to Althorpe ...
Although we found mention of Althorpe during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Althorpe was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Althorpe to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Althorpe, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Althorpe might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Althorpe would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near Althorpe ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Althorpe.
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the southeast)
- Crow Lake
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the west)
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elliott came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elliott
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Elliott
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burridge
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Burridge
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maberly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maberly
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Maberly
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Maberly <3>
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salem
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Salem
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bathurst came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bathurst
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Bathurst
- Blairs Settlement
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blairs Settlement came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blairs Settlement
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Blairs Settlement
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Althorpe ...
Looking for more information about Althorpe? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Althorpe, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Althorpe.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Althorpe and then turned west". While Althorpe could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Althorpe as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Althorpe could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|