Welcome to Althorpe ...
Although we found mention of Althorpe during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Althorpe was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Althorpe to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Althorpe, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Althorpe might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Althorpe would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near Althorpe ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Althorpe.
- Crow Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crow Lake
- Crow Lake lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Althorpe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crow Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elliott
- Elliott lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Althorpe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elliott came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elliott
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brooke
- Brooke lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Althorpe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brooke
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burridge
- Burridge lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Althorpe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maberly
- Maberly lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Althorpe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maberly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maberly
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Maberly<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salem
- Salem lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Althorpe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salem
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bathurst
- Bathurst lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Althorpe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bathurst came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bathurst
- Blairs Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blairs Settlement
- Blairs Settlement lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Althorpe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blairs Settlement came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blairs Settlement
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Althorpe ...
Looking for more information about Althorpe? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Althorpe, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Althorpe.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Althorpe and then turned east". While Althorpe could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Althorpe as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Althorpe could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Althorpe) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Althorpe. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Althorpe
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Althorpe. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7575, Longitude: -76.4753
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|