Welcome to Alloa ...
Although we found mention of Alloa during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Alloa was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Alloa to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alloa, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Alloa might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Communities Also Named Alloa ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Alloa - it's located in Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alloa.
Communities near Alloa ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alloa.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brampton
- Brampton lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Alloa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brampton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brampton<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caledon
- Caledon lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Alloa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caledon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caledon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Caledon<3>
- Halton Hills
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cheltenham
- Cheltenham lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Alloa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cheltenham came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheltenham
- Glen Williams
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glen Williams
- Glen Williams lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Alloa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glen Williams came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Williams
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Glen Williams<3>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alloa ...
Looking for more information about Alloa? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Alloa, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Alloa.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Alloa and then turned west". While Alloa could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Alloa as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Alloa could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alloa) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alloa. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alloa
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alloa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7044, Longitude: -79.8564
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|