Welcome to Albert ...
Although we found mention of Albert during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Albert was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Albert to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Albert, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Albert might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Albert would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Albert ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 17 communities that are also named Albert - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Kansas, Maine, Manitoba, New Brunswick, New Mexico (2), North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Saskatchewan, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Albert.
Communities near Albert ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Albert.
- Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Napanee
- Greater Napanee lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Albert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Napanee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Napanee
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Forest Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forest Mills
- Forest Mills lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Albert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Forest Mills came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Mills
- Lonsdale Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lonsdale Station
- Lonsdale Station lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Albert
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lonsdale Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Naphan
- Naphan lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Albert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Naphan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Naphan
- Empey Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Empey Hill
- Empey Hill lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Albert
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Empey Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Melrose
- Melrose lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Albert
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melrose
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Myrehall
- Myrehall lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Albert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Myrehall came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Myrehall
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Albert ...
Looking for more information about Albert? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Albert, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Albert.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Albert and then turned east". While Albert could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Albert as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Albert could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Albert) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Albert. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Albert
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Albert. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3172, Longitude: -77.1347
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|