Welcome to Advance ...
Although we found mention of Advance during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Advance was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Advance to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Advance, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Advance might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Advance would be found within the (705) & (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Advance ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 19 communities that are also named Advance - they are located in Arkansas (2), California, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania (2), South Carolina, Texas and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Advance.
Communities near Advance ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Advance.
- Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands
- Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Advance
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands
- Gore Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Foxey
- Foxey lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Advance
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Foxey came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foxey
- Long Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Long Bay
- Long Bay lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Advance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Long Bay
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Pleasant Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pleasant Valley
- Pleasant Valley lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Advance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasant Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar
- Poplar lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Advance
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burpee
- Burpee lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Advance
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burpee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burpee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Perivale
- Perivale lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Advance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Perivale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Advance ...
Looking for more information about Advance? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Advance, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Advance.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Advance and then turned west". While Advance could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Advance as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Advance could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Advance) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Advance. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AdvanceOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Advance. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.8686, Longitude: -82.4289 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|