Welcome to Ansonia ...
The village of Ansonia is located in Darke County<1>.
The pronunciation of Ansonia: an-SOHN-ee-uh<2>
When the people of Ansonia refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Ansonian<3>
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Ansonia has a population of 1,122 people<4> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Ansonia.
Ansonia is 1,000 feet [305 m] above sea level.<5>.
Time Zone: Ansonia lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
The ZIP code for Ansonia: 45303<6>
Websites for Ansonia ...
Chamber of Commerce: www.darkecountyohio.com/
Although we don't have any websites that are specific to Ansonia, the following might be of interest:
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Ansonia had an population of 1,122 people. This is a decrease of 4.43% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 2.01% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Ansonia had a population of 1,174 people. This makes Ansonia the county's 5th most populous community.
The population of Ansonia represents 0.01% of the population of Ohio (which has 11,536,504 people), making it the state's 499th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 1,174 people, the population of Ansonia increased 2.53% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 1,145 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Ansonia.
Communities Also Named Ansonia ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Ansonia - they are located in Connecticut, New York, Ontario and Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ansonia.
Communities near Ansonia ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ansonia.
- Greenville [Darke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenville
- Greenville [Darke County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<7> to the south of Ansonia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 12,627 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenville have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Greenville<9>
- Winchester [Randolph County]
- Coldwater [Mercer County]
- Union City [Randolph County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Minster [Auglaize County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minster
- Minster [Auglaize County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<7> to the northeast of Ansonia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,828 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Minster have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minster
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Minster<9>
- Covington [Miami County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Covington
- Covington [Miami County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<7> to the southeast of Ansonia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,718 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Covington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Covington<9>
- Saint Henry [Mercer County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Henry
- Saint Henry [Mercer County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<7> to the north of Ansonia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,574 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Henry have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Henry
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Henry<9>
- Versailles [Darke County]
- Arcanum [Darke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arcanum
- Arcanum [Darke County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<7> to the south of Ansonia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,004 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arcanum have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arcanum
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Arcanum<9>
- Bradford [Miami County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bradford
- Bradford [Miami County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<7> to the southeast of Ansonia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,871 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bradford have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bradford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bradford<9>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Ansonia. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Ansonia.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Ansonia. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ansonia.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Ansonia. See our Newspapers Page for Ansonia.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ansonia ...
Looking for more information about Ansonia? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Ansonia, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Ansonia.
Adding Ansonia to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Ansonia in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Ansonia was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Ansonia on a map titled George#&160;F. Cram Map (1901).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Ansonia on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Ohio
About Darke County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ansonia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Darke County: www.co.darke.oh.us/
The official website for State of Ohio: https://ohio.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Ohio's counties, including Darke, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The pronunciation we've provided is our attempt to give a phonetic pronunciation for Ansonia. While it might not be exactly right, hopefully it will be close. If we have it wrong or there's a better way to pronounce the name, please contact us through our Feedback Page.|
|<3>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Ansonia refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a village's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Ansonia may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<4>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Ansonia.|
|<5>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ansonia - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<6>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a village (such as Ansonia). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Ansonia or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<7>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ansonia) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ansonia. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AnsoniaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ansonia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.2144, Longitude: -84.6369 |
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<9>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|