Welcome to Angle City ...
So far, we have found very little information about Angle City. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Angle City to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Angle City, please Contact Us.
Angle City would have been located within present day Lincoln County<2>.
The location of Angle City has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Angle City is 2,340 feet [713 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Angle City is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Angle City was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Angle City still existed, it would have been in the (775) area code.
Communities near Angle City ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Angle City.
- Carp [Lincoln County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carp
- Carp [Lincoln County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the northeast of Angle City
- Moapa Town [Clark County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moapa Town have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moapa Town
- Moapa Town [Clark County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<5> to the south of Angle City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moapa Town
- Moapa [Clark County]
- Boyd [Lincoln County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boyd have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boyd
- Boyd [Lincoln County] was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the north of Angle City
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Amber [Clark County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Amber have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amber
- Amber [Clark County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<5> to the south of Angle City
- Bunkerville [Clark County]
- Logandale [Clark County]
- Mesquite [Clark County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mesquite
- Mesquite [Clark County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<5> to the southeast of Angle City
- Estimated population in 2019: 19,726 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mesquite
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mesquite<6>
- Overton [Clark County]
- Beaver Dam [Mohave County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Angle City. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Angle City.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Angle City. See our Newspapers Page for Angle City.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Nevada
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.nv.us/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Angle City, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nevada's counties, including Lincoln, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Angle City - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Angle City) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Angle City. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Angle City
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Angle City. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.0433, Longitude: -114.5883 In this case, the coordinates for Angle City have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|