Census Data for Alamo ...
As far as we can tell, Alamo has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Alamo, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Caliente [Lincoln County]
Lincoln County ...
Alamo is located in Lincoln County<3>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Lincoln County.
Miscellaneous Information for Alamo ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Lincoln County or the community of Alamo:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Alamo:
- GNIS ID for Alamo: 845339
- GNIS ID for Lincoln County: 863992
- GNIS ID for State of Nevada: 1779793
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 32 (Nevada)
- County Code: 017 (Lincoln County)
- Place Code: 00500 (Alamo)
- State & County Code: 32/017 (Nevada / Lincoln County)
- State & Place Code: 32/00500 (Nevada / Alamo)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Alamo is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Alamo, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Alamo. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Alamo:89001<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Alamo.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Nevada
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alamo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.nv.us/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alamo) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alamo. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlamoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alamo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.3642, Longitude: -115.1638 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nevada's counties, including Lincoln, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Alamo or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|