Welcome to Adelaide ...
So far, we have found very little information about Adelaide. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Adelaide to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Adelaide, please Contact Us.
Adelaide would have been located within present day Humboldt County<2>.
The location of Adelaide has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Adelaide is 5,710 feet [1,740 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Adelaide is about 1 mile [or 1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Adelaide was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Adelaide still existed, it would have been in the (775) area code.
Communities Also Named Adelaide ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 14 communities that are also named Adelaide - they are located in Arkansas, California, Colorado (2), Georgia (2), Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Adelaide.
Communities near Adelaide ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Adelaide.
- Winnemucca [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winnemucca
- Winnemucca [Humboldt County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Adelaide
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,801 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnemucca
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Winnemucca<6>
- Golconda [Humboldt County]
- Preble [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Preble
- Preble [Humboldt County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the northeast of Adelaide
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Preble have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Tule [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tule
- Tule [Humboldt County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Adelaide
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tule
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Herrin [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Herrin
- Herrin [Humboldt County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the east of Adelaide
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Herrin have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Bonnie Briar [Pershing County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bonnie Briar
- Bonnie Briar [Pershing County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the southwest of Adelaide
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bonnie Briar have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Krum [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Krum
- Krum [Humboldt County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the northwest of Adelaide
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Krum. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Valmy [Humboldt County]
- Dun Glen [Pershing County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dun Glen
- Dun Glen [Pershing County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the west of Adelaide
- Raglan [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raglan
- Raglan [Humboldt County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the west of Adelaide
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Adelaide. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Adelaide.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Adelaide. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Adelaide.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Adelaide. See our Newspapers Page for Adelaide.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Nevada
About Humboldt County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Humboldt County: www.humboldt-county-nv.net/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Adelaide, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nevada's counties, including Humboldt, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Adelaide - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Adelaide) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adelaide. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.8166, Longitude: -117.5257 In this case, the coordinates for Adelaide have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|